DN Colleges Group Free Courses
DN Colleges Group Offer Free Courses
DN Colleges Group – A FosterWiki partnership
A foster carer’s guide to DN Colleges Group’s accredited industry-standard education is available free* to foster carers.
“We are delighted to be working with our new partners, DN Colleges Group. Raising the foster carer’s educational profile is high on our list of priorities.
DN Colleges Group has provided us with the opportunity to offer foster carers access to quality industry-standard accredited courses, what’s more, these funded courses are free of charge to nearly all areas.
Foster carers spend many hours completing training courses that are not accredited or applicable in other sectors, so we are so pleased to be able to deliver these mainstream qualifications, that whilst being relevant to the fostering role are also transferable to other professional areas of their lives.
The DN Colleges Group free courses are up to date are modern and agile in their delivery, with a focus on education, employability skills and the ability for anyone to progress to higher education.
There is a clear progression and access for all and are perfect for the busy foster carers who can study online, in a timeframe that suits them and fits in with their children and families.”
Sarah Anderson, Founder FosterWiki
Introduction to DN Colleges Group
Created in 2017 DN Colleges Group support students, staff, employers and partners to make the most of every opportunity to grow and strengthen our future.
The exceptional education and training they provide transform the lives of students of all ages and levels and aims to help them raise their ambitions and aspirations, supporting them as they achieve their full potential.
DN Colleges Group says they ‘put our students at the heart of everything we do’. They have a wide range of options for adults, from those wishing to enhance their education and knowledge to those wishing to progress to higher education or university qualifications.
“Whatever the needs and circumstances of our students, we focus on ensuring that whatever type of learning and development we deliver, it creates a positive impact on behaviour, skills and knowledge.”
They continually invest in their curriculum and infrastructure, providing a broad range of training, development and learning opportunities, across a number of geographical locations.
Importantly for foster carers and others immersed in full-time jobs, they provide full online courses that can be studied within your own timeframe and are supported by a personal tutor.
Why DN Colleges Group?
- Achieve nationally recognised qualifications, accredited by NCFE CACHE, The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education, the UK’s leading sector specialist in health, care and education.
- Further your personal and professional development. DN courses focus on employability skills and qualifications needed both in the world of work and/or to progress to higher education. Courses that provide a springboard to career progression and professional status.
- CPD – These courses count towards your continued professional development.
- Professionally delivered courses – industry-leading course tutors.
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations and internal training.
- Learn from Home courses are completed fully online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college. Accessible 24/7 from wherever you have an internet connection. Take control of your own education, you decided where, when and the rate at which you study.
- Work with your own tutor when completing assessments, submitting them via the learning platform. You will be given full written feedback on your assessments.
- All you need is a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad.
- On successful completion of the free courses, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
- Free Courses – Save money, no additional travel costs and the courses are free*
How does it work?
DN Colleges Group and FosterWiki know how important simplicity is in our modern time-strapped lives so we have made it as easy as possible to sign up.
- Choose one of the free courses from the list below.
- Click on the FosterWiki course link for full details about the course.
- Land on the page and learn more, including what you will learn on the free courses.
- Click to Enrol.
The free courses
We wanted to bring you agile, modern and applicable accredited courses that would benefit your existing careers, role and CPD, whilst also providing you with a recognised mainstream accredited qualification that is transferable to other sectors.
These are all accredited level 2 certified courses.
Mental Health First Aid
Mental health plays a fundamental part in the role of a foster carer. In this course, you’ll build an understanding of mental health problems and the support available.
You will explore mental health, understand how to support those with mental ill-health and learn about a mentally healthy environment.
Understanding behaviours that challenge
There are lots of reasons why someone’s behaviour might be challenging – anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities, to mention just a few. This course helps you gain a better understanding of challenging behaviour and how to support those who display it. You will also gain an insight into how to support positive behaviour, the importance of communication and how to manage challenging behaviour.
Many foster carers work with or may work within the future, children and young people who fall within the autistic spectrum.
You will learn how autistic people process sensory information, recognise the characteristics that they may present, understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism, the common misconceptions, how speech, language and communication may differ in autistic children and learn about the legislation and guidance that underpins support.
Principles of prevention and control of infection in health care settings
An essential course for the modern carer, applicable to knowledge and understanding of Covid-19. Protecting people from infection is a really important part of providing high-quality care, especially as some life-threatening infections can spread easily within care environments.
You will learn the purpose and principles of infection control procedures, how regulations inform policy and practice, understand the role of risk assessments, maintain clean environments, learn the sterilising process and other important aspects of infection prevention and control.
CPD – Continued professional development
All the above courses cover your requirements as a foster carer for training/CPD and each course counts as guided learning hours, please check each course for the course-specific guided learning hours.
National Minimum Standards: https://fosterwiki.com/wiki/national-minimum-standards-nms/
Help & Support
General Course Enquiries Call: 0800 358 75 75
Doncaster College University Centre Campus
General Enquiries: 01302 553 553
Course Enquiries: 0800 358 7575
Higher Education Enquiries: 0800 358 7474
Doncaster College, Chappell Drive, Doncaster, DN1 2RF
North Lindsey College University Centre Campus
General Enquiries: 01724 281 111
Course Enquiries: 01724 294 030
Higher Education Enquiries: 01724 294 125
North Lindsey College, Kingsway, Scunthorpe, DN17 1AJ