Children Act 1989: care planning, placement and case review
Details of the Children Act 1989: care planning, placement and case review
Statutory guidance about local authority support to children and families.
This statutory guidance applies to:
- local authorities
- children’s services directors
- children’s services social workers
- front-line managers who have particular responsibilities in relation to looked-after children
- managers and commissioners of services for looked-after children
Statutory guidance sets out what you must do to comply with the law. You should follow the guidance unless you have a very good reason not to.
The guidance is also relevant to Children’s Trust partner agencies and to providers of services to looked-after children, including private, voluntary and public sector providers and foster carers.
The document consolidates a number of separate documents we’ve previously published, including “Delegation of authority to foster carers”.
This is volume 2 in a series of 5 related statutory guidance publications:
- Volume 1 – Children Act 1989: court orders
- Volume 2 – Children Act 1989: care planning, placement and case review
- Volume 3 – Children Act 1989: transition to adulthood for care leavers
- Volume 4 – Children Act 1989: fostering services
- Volume 5 – Children’s homes regulations, including quality standards: guide
Information, Help and Support
Help and support created for foster carers, by foster carers, we are the experts by experience. We have the first foster carers knowledge bank.
Access both the open pages and members area. Both are free to access and footprint-free. The member’s area gives you privileged confidential access to FosterWiki’s experts by experience for advice and guidance. You will also find short courses and guides from the foster carer’s perspective, top tips, allegation help, templates, and the ability to add to FosterWiki. With more content being uploaded regularly.
Please let us know what information or advice pages you would find useful and we will put them in place. https://fosterwiki.com/register/