The FosterWiki Directory
Changing Lives Together
Nexus Fostering has been making a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and young people in foster care throughout England since 2002. Our ethos is centred around unrivalled support for our carers, extensive training and fostering excellence. Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted consistently since 2011, our extensive team of social workers, specialists and clinicians are here to help you excel in your role as a foster carer.
We invest very competitively in every foster carer in our community and we’re finding that carers new to fostering enjoy that their role is home-based, flexible and fully supported with the opportunity to learn new skills while making a difference to the lives of children and young people.
Kelly Randall, Director of Nexus Fostering.
Why Choose Nexus Fostering?
Nexus Fostering understands what a demanding role fostering can be, and prides itself on surrounding its foster carers with a supportive team and ensuring they feel part of it. Caring for young people who’ve experienced trauma requires resilience, stability, and support from those around you.
- Nexus Fostering offers a competitive weekly foster carer allowance (with tax exemption and tax relief) for your valued work and for supporting the children in your care. We also offer payments for festivities, birthdays and holidays.
- Foster carers also have excellent mileage allowances to help with monthly fuel costs.
- Our carers receive a free membership of Foster Talk, which includes discounts from over 400 retailers including major supermarkets, complimentary Blue Light Card membership and free access to resources on topics like wellbeing and more.
- A minimum of 14 nights paid holiday (also known as respite) per year, so you can recharge your batteries.
- Training in all aspects of looking after children and young people and specific opportunities to develop your skills and specialist interests.
- Regular workshops to keep your knowledge up to date.
- Fortnightly supervision with your dedicated supervising social worker – giving you special time to think about your role.
- Out of Hours Service – access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement, 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Monthly support meetings with a small group of like-minded people and your social worker.
- Family outings and social events for all foster carers, all young people in the family and staff.
- A fabulous close network of foster carers supporting each other locally.
- Activities and groups for your birth children to ensure they have an opportunity to talk to others in the same situation.
- Nexus Fostering also has a unique Carer Advisory Board and carer-led projects ensuring our foster carers have an active involvement in new initiatives within the agency. We listen to you, and learn from your experience and to ensure we develop the right service and support for all our carers.
Nexus Fostering has 9 locations, all offering localised support from Harrow up to Nottingham, and Norwich across to Gloucester.
Find your nearest office here:
- Bedford - 7 Doolittle Mill, Froghall Rd, Ampthill, Bedfordshire, MK45 2ND
- Birmingham - 46 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1TH
- Cambridge - 3 Hazlewell Court, Bar Road, Lolworth, Cambridge, CB23 8DS
- Gloucester - Unit A5, Elmbridge Court, Cheltenham Road East, Gloucester, GL3 1JZ
- Harrow (Head office) - 4 Jardine House, Harrovian Business Village, Bessborough Road, Harrow, HA1 3EX
- Hornchurch - Suite 1, Ripon House, 35 Station Lane, Hornchurch, Essex, RM12 6JL
- Norwich - The School House, 1 The Street Framingham, Earl, Norwich, NR14 7QY
- Nottingham - Unit 26, Eldon Road Business Park, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 6DZ
- Telford - Manford House Suite 1 & 2, St Georges Court, Donnington, Telford, TF2 7AS
Telephone: 0800 389 0143
Email: [email protected]
Contact Us | Nexus Fostering