The FosterWiki Directory
DN College Group
Introduction to DN Colleges Group
Created in 2017 DN Colleges Group supports students, staff, employers and partners to make the most of every opportunity to grow and strengthen our future.
The exceptional education and training they provide transform the lives of students of all ages and levels and aim to help them raise their ambitions and aspirations, supporting them as they achieve their full potential.
DN Colleges Group says they ‘put our students at the heart of everything we do’. They have a wide range of options for adults, from those wishing to enhance their education and knowledge to those wishing to progress to higher education or university qualifications.
“Whatever the needs and circumstances of our students, we focus on ensuring that whatever type of learning and development we deliver, it creates a positive impact on behaviour, skills and knowledge.”
They continually invest in their curriculum and infrastructure, providing a broad range of training, development and learning opportunities, across a number of geographical locations.
Importantly for foster carers and others immersed in full-time jobs, they provide full online courses that can be studied within your own timeframe and are supported by a personal tutor.
Why DN Colleges Group?
- Achieve nationally recognised qualifications, accredited by NCFE CACHE, The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education, the UK’s leading sector specialist in health, care and education.
- Further your personal and professional development. DN courses focus on employability skills and qualifications needed both in the world of work and/or to progress to higher education. Courses that provide a springboard to career progression and professional status.
- CPD – These courses count towards your continued professional development.
- Professionally delivered courses – industry-leading course tutors.
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations and internal training.
- Learn from Home courses are completed fully online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college. Accessible 24/7 from wherever you have an internet connection. Take control of your own education, you decided where, when and the rate at which you study.
- Work with your own tutor when completing assessments, and submitting them via the learning platform. You will be given full written feedback on your assessments.
- All you need is a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad.
- On successful completion of the free courses, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
- Free Courses – Save money, no additional travel costs and the courses are free*
We wanted to bring you agile, modern and applicable accredited courses that would benefit your existing careers, role and CPD, whilst also providing you with a recognised mainstream accredited qualification that is transferable to other sectors.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Mental Health First Aid
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare Settings
These are all accredited level 2 certified courses and can be found at https://www.don.ac.uk/subject-area/fosterwiki/#courses