The FosterWiki Directory
Blue Sky Fostering
Changing Lives Together
At Blue Sky Fostering we’re proud to stand out from the crowd by giving our foster carers the opportunity to be valued and recognised for the contribution they make to supporting children and young people. Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted consistently since its very first inspection in 2007, Blue Sky Fostering prides itself in providing exceptional and unrivalled fostering packages, giving you the tools to help vulnerable children reach their full potential.
“Our Foster Carers don’t work alone, they work as a part of a team, amongst professionals involved in the welfare of the young person, and are given training, fully comprehensive support and guidance.”- Rupert Bolger, Director of Relationship and Engagement
Why Blue Sky?
Blue Sky Fostering understands what a demanding role fostering can be, and we pride ourselves on surrounding our foster carers with a supportive team and ensuring they feel part of it. Caring for young people who’ve experienced trauma requires resilience, stability, and good support, so Blue Sky offers the appropriate level of support you need when you need it.
“This must have been the hardest year for fostering in terms of an emotional journey for us, but Blue Sky Fostering has been there every step of the way. The support from everyone has been incredible and this is why we foster for Blue Sky.” - Blue Sky Foster Carer
- We offer a competitive weekly foster carer allowance (with tax exemption and tax relief). Carers also have excellent mileage allowances, membership of Foster Talk, discounts from over 400 retailers including major supermarkets, complimentary Blue Light Card membership and free access to resources on topics like wellbeing and more.
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) per year, so you can have a rest from fostering.
- Training in all aspects of looking after vulnerable young people and specific opportunities to develop your skills and specialist interests.
- Regular carer workshops to keep your knowledge up to date.
- Fortnightly supervision with your social worker – giving you special time to think about your role without interruptions.
- Phone support or extra visits from your own social worker as regularly as needed.
- Out of Hours service – access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement, 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A network of foster carers supporting each other including monthly support meetings with a small group of like-minded people and your social worker.
- Family outings and social events for all foster carers, all young people in the family and staff including the annual Blue Sky Fest.
- Activities and groups for your birth children to ensure they have an opportunity to talk to others in the same situation.
- A culture of listening to you, learning from experience and developing the right service for our foster carers.
- Blue Sky also has a unique Carer Advisory Board and carer-led projects ensuring their foster carers have an active involvement in new initiatives within the agency and support for one another.
“Foster carers receive training to meet the specific needs of children that they care for. Care is individualised and carers feel well supported by the agency to advocate on behalf of the children.” - Ofsted, 2022
To find out more about Blue Sky Fostering, please visit our website: Fostering Agency | Foster Care - Blue Sky Fostering
Blue Sky Fostering is becoming one of the South of England’s leading independent fostering agencies. We currently have 6 offices providing localised support from Kent to Cornwall and up to the Cotswolds.
Find your nearest office here:
- Devon & Cornwall
Unit 5-6, Beech Road Business Park, Lee Mill, Ivybridge, PL21 9HN
73 Macrae Road, Eden Office Park, Ham Green, Pill, Bristol, BS20 0DD
1 Headlands Business Park, Salisbury Road, Ringwood, BH24 3PB
Broadwater House, Broadwater Road, Romsey, Hampshire, S051 8G
- Sussex & Surrey
Unit 9 Tungsten Building, George Street, Portslade-on-Sea, West Sussex, BN41 1RA
Blue Sky Fostering Kent Hub, Forge House, Bearsted, Maidstone ME14 4DT
Telephone: 0800 035 6499
Email: [email protected]
Apply online: Become a Foster Carer - Blue Sky Fostering